From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python.eclass EAPI 4 support, this gets really annoying
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 22:33:51
1 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." schrieb:
2 > On 10/14/11 12:39 PM, Brian Harring wrote:
3 >> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 03:29:19PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
4 >>> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 3:16 PM, "Pawe?? Hajdan, Jr."
5 >>> <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
6 >>>> OK, so what are the _blocking_ reasons for no EAPI 4 support in
7 >>>> python.eclass yet?
8 >>>>
9 >>>> I understand you have some complicated patches in flight etc etc, but
10 >>>> are they _required_ for the eclass not to break with EAPI 4?
11 >>>>
12 >>>> My point is that I'd like to use pkg_pretend in packages that use
13 >>>> python.eclass and I can't (for a long time). Unless there are really
14 >>>> important reasons like breakages I think we should really make
15 >>>> python.eclass support EAPI=4.
16 >>>
17 >>> Two weeks and no response from python@?
18 >>
19 >> You probably should've cc'd them.
20 >
21 > CC-ing python@ then (but I expect the developers to follow gentoo-dev
22 > anyway).
23 >
24 > In case of no response, I plan to submit the thing to the council
25 > agenda. I think the parts of python eclass that I use should work with
26 > EAPI 4.
29 What do you expect the council to do?
30
31 Neither you nor the council can force anyone to do anything.
32
33 The only thing you can do is to kindly ask about remaining issues and helping with solving them. And
34 i am sure, that everyone would like to see some help to understand and improve the python eclass. :-)