From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for December
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 07:09:30
1 Jose Luis Rivero wrote:
2 > I would suggest this kind of question based on the different ideas shown
3 > by the developers comunity:
4 >
5 > - What is proper way to make changes to ebuild related information
6 > (metadata.dtd)? Do we need a GLEP? It only need to be discussed in -dev
7 > first? Gentoo-doc is who control metadata.dtd?
8
9 Eh? News to me. No, we in the GDP don't control it. In viewing the
10 history [1], I see that neysx did make one commit to it, but that's
11 because he's a go-to guy for xml/dtd stuff in general, not because this
12 file is under the sole control of the GDP. We're not the ebuild
13 developers/writers . . . you are. Granted, we do have commit access to
14 that part of gentoo/xml/, but we're not the be-all and end-all for
15 suggested changes to metadata.dtd.
16
17 Something the council might want to keep in mind.
20 [1]
21 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/xml/htdocs/dtd/metadata.dtd?rev=1.6&view=log