From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE_EXPAND flag for www-servers/monkeyd
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 22:15:50
1 On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 09:07:37PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > For the others, how large is the benefit of having them switchable?
3 > At least some of them look like something that wouldn't hurt people if
4 > it was always-built.
5
6 The dev manual states that use flags are to control optional
7 dependencies and _settings_ which a user may reasonably want to select
8 [1].
9
10 Since the developer gives us the ability to control this with configure
11 switches, I feel pretty strongly that we should give the user that
12 control.
13
14 William
15