From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] More bugzilla restrictions should be applied to normal users
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 23:58:01
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Hi Markos.
5
6 On 12-05-2011 20:19, Markos Chandras wrote:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > Quite a lot of users tend to change bugzilla fields without even
10 > understand why they are doing it. Would it be possible to restrict users
11 > from touching the following fields?
12 >
13 > - Importance
14 > - Severity
15 > - CCing arches on their own (!)
16 > - Blocks
17 > - Keywords
18 > - <...>
19 >
20 > How do you feel about that? Does bugzilla allow such restrictions?
21
22 I think we should trust our users. Some might feel tempted to "test all
23 the buttons", but I'm sure the majority will just try to fill a bug
24 report the best way they know how.
25 This topic has been raised a few times in the past and as far as I can
26 recall there never was a consensus about it. In any case, as pointed out
27 before, some developers want users to be able to CC them on bugs, at
28 least on some bugs, informed users can have a good idea about the
29 importance and or severity of a bug and in general being more open can
30 provide a more inviting environment for users to look at and or
31 contribute to Gentoo.
32 Finally, whenever a user abuses bugzilla, you can poke bugzilla admins,
33 userrel and a few others to look at and take care of it. Some of us can
34 go as far as locking users accounts - feel free to poke me if that need
35 ever arises.
36
37 > Regards,
38
39 - --
40 Regards,
41
42 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
43 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng