From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch applying function for EAPI 6
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:09:54
1 On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 11:45 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 >
4 > For EAPI 6, introduction of a patch applying function to the package
5 > manager itself is being discussed. This would serve two purposes:
6 > - support for PATCHES variable in a default src_install phase
7 > - a function to apply user patches
8
9 > > 3. So far, we don't have a good name for the function.
10 >
11 > Only suggestion so far is "dopatch". I don't really like it because
12 > other do* functions are called from src_install. But if nobody comes
13 > up with a better name, then it will be dopatch.
14 >
15 > Ulrich
16
17 What about:
18
19 srcpatch()
20 userpatch()
21
22 If it is for applying user patches, then I prefer userpatch().
23 It also gets away from the do*() naming.
24
25 I take it PATCHES variable will be a bash array, or space separated
26 list?