From: Brad Laue <brad@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtual/imap brain damage?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:54:07
1 While running emerge -up world on a server of mine I noticed a conflict
2 between imap-uw and the c-client ebuilds, both of which, I reasoned,
3 would be satisfied with a virtual/imap virtual.
4
5 I browsed through /etc/make.profile/virtuals to make sure there wasn't
6 one, and found this:
7
8 virtual/imapUW net-mail/uw-imap
9 virtual/imapd net-mail/courier-imap
10 virtual/imap-c-client net-libs/c-client
11
12 Suggestions:
13
14 1) uw-imap and courier-imap can go under virtual/imapd
15
16 2) c-client and uw-imap can go under virtual/imap-c-client.
17
18 Point 2 Is important, it solves a blocker issue with mod_php at the moment.
19
20 Any thoughts?
21
22 Brad