From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: linux-firmware
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:02:58
1 On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > If all upstream has is a git tarball, what about git-snapshot builds?
3 > Use the git2 eclass and set a commit number, thus allowing testing and
4 > stabilization of a specific commit, but the checkout would be directly
5 > from upstream, so (for the general case, live-image case discussed below)
6 > gentoo wouldn't be distributing anything but the ebuild.
7
8 There is a current QA policy that anything using an scm to download
9 sources cannot be stabilized, because there is no way to verify the
10 manifest.
11
12 I'm actually wondering if that makes sense with git when a specific
13 commit is referenced, since everything is content-hashed anyway.
14 Perhaps we just need to confirm that git actually checks the hash.
15
16 Rich