From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: x32 fun pants
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:48:37
1 2011/12/11 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
2 > On Saturday 10 December 2011 20:36:52 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
3 >> Mike Gilbert schrieb:
4 >> > I think it is around 2.2 GB on amd64 with debug stuff (-ggdb). Under
5 >> > half that without the debug.
6 >> >
7 >> > I'm pretty sure there gentoo users on x86 that are able to build it;
8 >> > it does have an x86 keyword afterall. :)
9 >>
10 >> Some people mess with kernel/user memory split to avoid HIGHMEM on 32
11 >> bit systems. If you do that, you might run out of address space.
12 >
13 > return -EPEBKAC
14 > -mike
15
16 it's not so fast to retrieve informations on how to build the needed
17 kernel, could someone post instruction here, also for future
18 reference?