From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Security/QA Spring Cleaning
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:31:13
1 On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 14:20 -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 Package: games-fps/cube Herd: games Maintainer: games
4
5 This will likely be removed soon, as upstream has abandoned it.
6
7 Package: games-fps/doomsday Herd: games Maintainer: games
8
9 Waiting on a new upstream release. Upstream is active, so we expect one
10 some time soon.
11
12 Package: games-roguelike/falconseye Herd: games Maintainer: games
13 Package: games-roguelike/nethack Herd: games Maintainer: games
14 Package: games-roguelike/slashem Herd: games Maintainer: games
15
16 These three will be unmasked soon with a changed policy wrt games on
17 portage.
18
19 Package: games-strategy/scorched3d Herd: games Maintainer: games
20
21 Waiting for upstream.
22
23 Basically, we're keeping track of our masked packages as well as we can.
24 There are many times where we don't want to remove the package, knowing
25 that upstream will be coming out with a newer version "any day now" as
26 it tends to upset our users.
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
31 x86 Architecture Team