From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] comprehensive eclass checking in repoman
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 20:53:55
1 On 25 May 2012 08:28, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I expect that reading and validating the cache is probably not going to
4 > be much faster than just parsing the eclasses over again.
5 > --
6
7 Unless, you don't care if the cache is out-dated because the cache is
8 optional / the syntax checking is optional, and its only made
9 available when you generate it manually.
10
11 And considering how fast eclasses change, I doubt you'd need to
12 regenerate it often. Though how much time it takes to parse and stuff
13 really needs to be properly benched, its more that there is an
14 intermediate state that can be inspected by human eyes instead of a
15 lot of magic going on
20 Kent
21
22 perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,