From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] phew!
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 23:16:03
1 Hi All,
2
3 I just completed an IBM tutorial on Linux 2.4 stateful firewall design.
4 Phew! If anyone needs some tips in this area, email me and I can point
5 you in the right direction.
6
7 Now, back to Gentoo Linux for a tiny bit. I've been thinking about 1.0_rc4.
8 What I'd like to do is focus on two things. The first thing is the install
9 process, and testing out Achim's new devfs bootdisk. The second thing is to
10 test all aspects of sys-apps, sys-libs, sys-devel, and a few important
11 applications, like openssh, etc. If we can forget about things like KDE for a
12 bit, I'd like to focus on making sure that all the fine details of the base
13 distribution are in order and working perfectly (things like initscripts,
14 devfs, portage, supervise scripts, fixing all installation "quirks", etc.). I
15 think that this is needed; let me know what you think. I want to do a lot
16 of test Gentoo Linux setups from scratch to try to eliminate any quirks.
17 Tell me what you think and Achim, please suggest a reasonable timeframe.
18 Also, let me know of any goals that you'd like to define for 1.0_rc4.
19
20 Best Regards,
23 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
24 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org