From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] $confopt variable for ebuild
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:14:32
1 fre 2001-11-16 klockan 16.03 skrev Geert Bevin:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > coming from rocklinux I noticed a minor little thing missing. Since the
5 > options given to configure are mostly always the same, wouldn't it be
6 > good to provide ebuild scripts with a $confopt variable that contains
7 > "--host=${CHOST} --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
8 > --infodir=/usr/share/info". This would make it easier to write new
9 > packages without having to write these options over and over again.
10
11 Hi!
12
13 I've been thinking about this too. This way most packages won't have to
14 give these and in cases they are installing somewhere else they just
15 override this option.
16
17 I would say go-go-go :)
18 What do you think drobbins?
19
20 Regards,
21 Mikael Hallendal
25 Mikael Hallendal
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
27 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden