From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:43:15
I think that with recent advancements in batch-stabilization we're able
to process a much higher amount of stabilization bugs, and keep the bug
queue low. It used to be longer than 100 bugs, but now it's closer to
20-30 bugs for which regressions or other problems have been detected.

This allows us to do better testing of the stabilization candidates, but
also I think we should start bringing even more updates to the stable tree.

When doing stable testing I frequently notice bugs fixed in ~arch but
not stabilized, so stable is frequently affected by problems that could
be easily fixed by stabilizing a more recent version.

I wrote a script,
<http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/arch-tools.git;a=blob;f=stabilization-candidates.py;hb=HEAD>,
that scans the tree for packages that could be easily stabilized (all
deps stable, no bugs).

I'm attaching a list of packages that are sitting in the tree for at
least 6 months (180 days, way more than 30 days required for
stabilization) and should be ready for stabilization.

Please review the list, it's 800+ packages so I thought about asking for
feedback before filing stabilization bugs (I plan to do that in stages
of course).

Paweł

candidates-180.txt text/plain