From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: riscv@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Announcing RISC-V
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 21:35:00
1 Hi all,
2
3 after some preparations, we're happy to announce (initially experimental)
4 support for a new arch: riscv
5
6 * The project page is at https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:RISC-V
7 Feel free to join if you want to help and/or even have hardware.
8 We also have a dedicated IRC channel, #gentoo-riscv
9
10 * The keyword is "~riscv"; no stable keyword will be used in the beginning.
11
12 * We will initially add two profiles to profile.desc:
13 default/linux/riscv/17.0/rv64gc/lp64d (non-multilib, 64bit hardfloat)
14 default/linux/riscv/17.0/rv64gc (multilib lp64d/lp64, i.e. hard/softfloat)
15
16 * Stage builds have been tested with an overlay and work fine.
17 I'll publish initial stage3 images soon and will work with releng to get
18 autobuilds running.
19
20 * Once this all is done I'll draft an announcement for the main web page.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Andreas
26 Andreas K. Hüttel
27 dilfridge@g.o
28 Gentoo Linux developer
29 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)