From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Eclipse's SWT
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 06:20:55
1 Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > As far as I can tell, there are no ebuilds for IBM/Eclipse's SWT
4 > cross-platform widget toolkit.
5 >
6 > That could well be because it's a fairly central part of an Eclipse
7 > installation (Eclipse itself is a large SWT app) - but neither the
8 > eclipse ebuilds, nor manually downloading eclipse (a 3.0 milestone
9 > build, perhaps) result in the various SWT jars and .so s ending up
10 > anywhere terribly useful or easy to access.
11
12 Granted. They're built as part of emerge eclipse-sdk, but hard to
13 link against/find.
14
15 > My question: should I set about writing an ebuild to package up SWT as a
16 > separately installable library?
17
18 Sounds like a good approach to me.
19
20 Let me know if you need help. This has been something I am
21 interested in getting into portage.
24 Matthew Kennedy
25 Gentoo Linux Developer