From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] */*: Mask Py2 only packages
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 18:58:24
1 On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 2:40 PM Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Sure, you can use the portage API to find this info. However, that is
6 >> as easy to do for a list of all impacted packages in the tree with
7 >> their maintainers as for any individual maintainer to obtain this info
8 >> for their own packages.
11 > You say there is not a straightforward way, but then you say there is an api? :p
14 Yeah - the number of people around here who have used it is pretty
15 small. My point though is that if you've done that work it is easiest
16 to just do it once for everybody.
17
18 > Extend the existing QA report?
19 >
20 > https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/py2.txt
21 >
22 > There is a list of py2 only packages. We just need to add the maintainer metadata?
23
24 Exactly.
25
26 I decided to get off my rear end and try to contribute a bit. See the
27 attachments. Script adapted from my ancient (ironically v2-only)
28 script to find missing slot op deps. Contents are meant to inform,
29 and not to shame (mostly)...
32 Rich

list.txt text/plain
findpy2.py application/octet-stream