From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Update bitcoin eclass to default to knots
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:35:13
1 > The kernel doesn't give you a choice of multiple independent patch
2 > sets. We have just a few options that bundle many patches. You can't
3 > selectively turn them on and off.
4 >
5 > I'm not asking whether patching bitcoin is good or bad.
6 >
7 > I'm pointing out that if you want to do the same thing with separate
8 > packages that we currently do with 3 different USE flags (that I can
9 > see offhand), you need a total of 8 packages. If you want to make
10 > knots an option and it isn't one already, then make that 16.
11
12 We were only talking about the "ljr" use flag here, weren't we?