From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:29:28
1 On Wednesday, January 19, 2011 22:57:59 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Il giorno mer, 19/01/2011 alle 22.31 -0500, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
3 > > we havent
4 > >
5 > > hosted files on dev.g.o because we've felt the distfiles tree to be
6 > > sufficient. since there seems to be more need now, let's find out
7 > > what infra
8 > > can do to help out.
9 >
10 > I'm pretty sure you have, for pax-utils and portage-utils, didn't you?
11
12 my personal choice to keep an archive of packages i build does not mean a hard
13 policy must be forced upon everyone.
14
15 > > here's a better idea: figure out something with the infra team.
16 > > [snip]
17 > > again, declaring policy ahead of talking to anyone else is not the way
18 > > to go.
19 >
20 > Actually, we meant to move to a stable archive of distfiles for years,
21 > and Robin has been working on it for months already.
22
23 then you should have mentioned this in your original e-mail rather than
24 painting infra as angry unhelpful tools. the changes you propose are merely a
25 stop gap measure until infra finishes their work.
26 -mike