From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, "Nielsen, David" <Lovechild@××××××××.com>
Cc: "Swanson, Erik" <gentoo-janitor@××××××××××××.name>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ebuild Janitor Project -- Any formalities to joining it?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 18:19:41
1 >Formalities... well, as soon as you have submitted an ebuild to the
2 >forum for review you are basically a member, although worshipping of and
3 >giving of young blondes to the grand leader (me) is the norm... okay,
4 >I'm pushing it.. I know.
5
6 eh?
9 >But seriously all that's required to join is signing up for the forum
10 >and submitting at least one ebuild.
11
12 submitting an ebuild to what? whats going one? i don't think any developer
13 knows whats going on here, are you planning on fixing ebuilds and
14 maintaining your own tree or submitting them via bugs or what?
15
16 >Of course I would recommend that you read the guidelines and the
17 >introduction on the board, and check if the ebuild has been marked OK or
18 >has already been processed.
19
20 have you talk to any developer about this? don't you think you should?
21 I don't see what you are trying to accomplish (i know to clean up ebuilds)
22 but i don't see how you are helping by maintaining some outside
23 'fixed' ebuild repository.. I think you should contact a developer to talk
24 about what you are doing and how to handle this from a QA standpoint.
25
26 >- David
27 >