From: Gerion Entrup <gerion.entrup@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Needs ideas: Upcoming circular dependency: expat <> CMake
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:42:01
1 Am Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 19:43:37 CET schrieb Sebastian Pipping:
2 > On 19.12.19 18:37, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > We have a better alternative that lets us limit the impact on the users.
4 > > Why not use it?
5 >
6 > Which one? The CMake bootstrap copy? The adding to stage3 one?
7
8 Is it possible to show a specific error message when running in a
9 circular dependency?
10
11 When I get it right, the problem occurs only one time when solved
12 with a bundled use flag. As soon as expat and/or cmake are installed,
13 follow up versions can be merge without problems.
14
15 If an error message can be shown, maybe this is enough as a hint:
16 "expat and cmake have circular dependencies. Emerge it the first time with:
17 USE=bundled-cmake emerge -1 cmake expat
18 and then just don't care anymore about this use flag."
19
20 Of course, the same applies for other known circular dependencies, too.
21 At least for me as a user, this would be enough.
22
23 Best,
24 Gerion