From: bkhl@elektrubadur.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flags
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:36:00
1 Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o> writes:
2
3 > I think here's a misunderstanding. The "install" in the mail to which
4 > you replied means the "install" step of portage, not the "merge" step.
5 > Portage should not stop any ebuild from putting stuff into
6 > ${D}/whatever, but it can remove the doumentation directories before
7 > doing the "merge" step which moves it to the place your are talking
8 > about.
9
10 Yup, I admit to some misunderstanding. It makes sense now.
11
12 So what do you people think about my actual suggestion, which was to
13 have an option like INSTALL_PROTECT (or maybe with a better name),
14 corresponding to CONFIG_PROTECT, that if specified causes the named
15 directories to be deleted from the package before merging it. An option
16 corresponding to CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK is probably a good idea, too.
17
18 A FEATURE flag would probably not be needed with this solution.
21 Björn Lindström <bkhl@××××××××××××.se>
22 http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list