From: bkhl@elektrubadur.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flags
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:36:00
Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o> writes:

> I think here's a misunderstanding. The "install" in the mail to which > you replied means the "install" step of portage, not the "merge" step. > Portage should not stop any ebuild from putting stuff into > ${D}/whatever, but it can remove the doumentation directories before > doing the "merge" step which moves it to the place your are talking > about.
Yup, I admit to some misunderstanding. It makes sense now. So what do you people think about my actual suggestion, which was to have an option like INSTALL_PROTECT (or maybe with a better name), corresponding to CONFIG_PROTECT, that if specified causes the named directories to be deleted from the package before merging it. An option corresponding to CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK is probably a good idea, too. A FEATURE flag would probably not be needed with this solution. -- Björn Lindström <bkhl@××××××××××××.se> http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/ -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list