From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] autotools.eclass no longer inherits eutils; check your ebuilds!
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:29:46
On 22.5.2012 8.53, Michał Górny wrote:

> [...]
Even more important is the next chapter: "When removing a function or changing the API of an eclass, make sure that it doesn't break any ebuilds in the tree, and post a notice to gentoo-dev at least 30 days in advance, preferably with a patch included." This qualifies as changing the API of an eclass. This chapter comes from a council decision: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20111108-summary.txt Regards, Petteri