From: Luis Francisco Araujo <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] libffi situation
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:50:32
1 Hello there,
2
3 This email is to ask for suggestions about bug #163724 , I am myself one
4 of the maintainer of several packages depending upon such a library, and
5 the current situation isn't helping too much to decide how to handle
6 such a packages.
7
8 As we all know, the independent libffi project was long time
9 unmaintained , but it seems like the developers have started to work on
10 it again; I _think_ the best approach would be to give it preference
11 instead of the gcc option.
12
13 So, I ask, what road should we take?
14
15 Also, can we probably unmask the dev-libs/libffi package?, it seems to
16 me a bit exaggerated that it is masked.
17
18 Thanks and Regards,
22 Luis F. Araujo "araujo at gentoo.org"
23 Gentoo Linux