From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Implementing udev without an initramfs (Was: Stability of /sys api)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 20:33:19
1 On Sat, 19 May 2012 20:36:57 +0100
2 Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > * If anyone wants to chip in with something along the lines of "you
5 > did but you didn't know it" or "this isn't safe" etc, please don't:
6 > I've heard it all before, and acknowledged technical points, and
7 > you'll just be adding noise and distracting from the topic.
8
9 * If anyone wants to chip in with something along the lines 'I never
10 needed an initramfs and nothing can change', please don't: we've heard
11 that a thousand times, and it gets boring.
12
13 In fact, if you just set up an initramfs instead of writing that post,
14 you'd probably save some time. Our time, especially.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny