From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI) [2]
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:03:14
1 On Monday 31 of December 2007 15:33:51 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Still doesn't address my concerns, namely:
3 > - silently expands the scope of EAPI beyond ebuild contents (which is a
4 > blocker for me)
5
6 And what is the reason for not doing exactly that? Seems logical to me. And
7 btw. slot deps added in EAPI 1 seems to have similiar impact, you can't use
8 them in ebuilds using EAPI 0 nor in profiles/.
9
10 > - doesn't mention compability issues on the dev side (minor)
11
12 Aren't new EAPIs introducing the same problem already? Devs should use up to
13 date tools, and especially the devs running some checks on the whole tree.
16 Best Regards,
17 Piotr Jaroszyński
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list