From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What are blocks used for?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:46:43
1 On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:52:13 +0200
2 "Mateusz A. Mierzwin'ski" <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl> wrote:
3 > Yes... and then all trashes like old libs are inside system. Other
4 > thing is when some files gets from one package to other. If You
5 > install old version of package "A" and then some of files get to
6 > package "A1" as an update and some part of package "A" get's into "B"
7 > package. When we update package "A" to "A1" we can be in trouble when
8 > installing automaticly B and uninstalling "A". Think about that.
9
10 Huh. I don't get what you're on about. We're discussing making the
11 package manager suggest and do what the user should be doing anyway
12 here.
15 Ciaran McCreesh