From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:51:45
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 27 October 2009 14:46:31 Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> Normally old versions are not kept around as already said if you read
4 >> the thread.
5 >
6 > "normal" is not the same thing as "always". unless you're the maintainer, you
7 > have no idea whether old versions are kept there on purpose. ive had people
8 > delete older versions of packages on me simply because they made this invalid
9 > assumption without talking to the maintainer. the rest of the thread is
10 > irrelevant as this point was not made.
13 Yes I have no idea. That's why I asked on gentoo-dev-announce for
14 maintainers to tell me if they are kept on purpose so the point was made
15 already at the very start.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri