From: Thomas Flavel <thomasfl@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] irc log 'o bugs
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:02:30
On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:48:14AM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 06:14:50AM +0000, Thomas Flavel wrote: > > Um, given that people are noticing the channel, and asking me questions I don't know the > > answers to, does this mean it's time to annouce it on www.gentoo.org? :) > > Hrm, I dunno. I don't have the time to lurk on irc; doing so would eliminate > any possibility of being productive. We need an IRC liaison who can act as our
Fair enough, I think it's clear what's more important :)
> representative and try to answer as many questions as possible, and forward > the ones he can't answer to the list. Then, I'd feel comfortable mentioning the > channel on the web site. > > For those who don't know, this irc channel is part of the open projects network. > You can get a list of hostnames to connect to at http://www.openprojects.nu. > A popular one is us.opirc.nu, and of course the channel name is #gentoo. >
Well, I'll keep hold of the channel until something happens... #debian have an irc front-end to apt which I thought was quite a nice idea; I was wondering about a similar thing for portage - to check current versions etc? I'm writing an irc client at the moment, once I fix up the socket code I'll have a go at interfacing it to portage once I get time - there are a few things I need to sort out first before I can get back to any opensource projects for the next few days, - Tom