From: Paul <set@×××××.com>
To: Pat Double <double@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage not longer 'sourcing' make.conf
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:19:47
1 Pat Double <double@×××××××××.com>, on Fri Dec 20, 2002 [05:25:12 AM] said:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > It appears that portage is no longer sourcing make.conf before doing an
6 > ebuild, although I'm not sure that it ever did. I added in make.conf the
7 > necessary environment vars to enable distcc:
8 >
9 > DISTCC_HOSTS
10 > CC
11 > CXX
12 > MAKEOPTS
13 >
14 > and until 2.0.45-r5 (I think, possibly -r3 or -r4) this worked great. Now it
15 > does not. Has some behavior changed? I would really like to be able to
16 > specify things like this in make.conf instead of in the shell before running
17 > emerge.
18 >
19 > Thanks.
20 >
21 > - --
22 > Pat Double, double@×××××××××.com
23
24 Possible reason:
25 Later gcc ebuilds added CC and CXX to
26 /etc/env.d/05gcc* . This ends up killing those settings in
27 /etc/make.conf. You can set them in 05gcc, but then you
28 will not be able to override them on the command line
29 when distcc chokes. (which it has for me compiling gcc,
30 glibc, and binutils) I am not convinced of the utility
31 of setting CC and CXX in env.d, so I just axe that
32 and keep the settings in make.conf
33 Remember to run env-update after you alter
34 stuff in env.d
35
36 Paul
37 set@×××××.com