From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 18:16:03
1 As one of the maintainers of sys-fs/udev, I am very conflicted about
2 this.
3
4 I tend to agree with Kent that we need to be absolutely sure before we
5 switch the default that eudev will maintain feature parity with udev,
6 now and in the future, e.g. when a new release of udev hits, a new
7 release of eudev must happen asap that supports all of the features of
8 the new udev.
9
10 I also think mgorny's arguments against doing this must be considered.
11
12 Thanks,
13
14 William