From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: leechcraft
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 17:09:05
1 On Tue, 2017-01-31 at 17:34 +0100, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 01/31/2017 03:50 PM, Georg Rudoy wrote:
3 > > I'll make a new release of leechcraft itself and bump the version
5 > > that new one, so they'll naturally be dropped to unstable, 0.6.70
6 > > and
7 > > earlier (if any) indeed could be removed. Most of the bugs, as I
8 > > saw
9 > > them, are due to the current last released version being 2.5 years
10 > > old
11 > > and obviously bitrotten somewhat since then.
12 >
13 > I'd still recommend spending a bit of time to consider whether this
14 > doesn't fit better in an overlay, which would also make it easier to
15 > maintain without overburdening proxy maint given the number of
16 > packages
17 > involved.
20 I really second this - we can ask infra to get you an overlay. Should
21 it turn out that you are truly maintaining stuff, we can then merge it
22 into the tree.