From: Zach Welch <zwelch@g.o>
To: Mark Gordon <mark.gt@×××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cross-compiler - cross compilation to other *nix variants
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:33:50
1 Mark Gordon wrote:
2 > Looking in bugzilla I see that people are working on cross-compiling to
3 > Linux on other processors and mingw for Windows. Is anyone looking at
4 > cross-compiling to other unix variants? I'm particularly interested in
5 > targeting AIX and SCO.
6 >
7 >>From a brief look, I think the method would be:
8 > 1) Copy the libraries and headers from the target OS into appropriate
9 > directories on the host. Possibly an ebuild that tells you how to create
10 > suitable tarballs on the target, like the Sun-java ebuild tells you to
11 > download the tarball?
12 >
13 > 2) Build cross versions of binutils & gcc using the cross ebuilds
14 > currently under development.
15 >
16 > If this sounds about right, I should be able to steal the odd hour of
17 > company time here and there to work on it, now that my desktop in the
18 > office runs Gentoo.
19
20 For those that would like to follow the cross-compiling efforts, visit
21 the following URLs, or come hunt us down on irc.freenode.net in
22 #gentoo-arm or #gentoo-embedded. We'll be looking to find experienced
23 cross-compiler testers soon, so stay tuned.
24
25 http://cvs.gentoo.org/~zwelch/
26 http://cvs.gentoo.org/~aiken/
27