From: Stephane Dudzinski <stephane@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] pcmcia-cs ebuild
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:16:45
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm running Gentoo on a Sony Vaio Laptop with a 2.4.18 kernel (stock +
4 acpi patches) and no devFS. To make sure it wasn't related, i did the
5 same test under Gentoo's 2.4.19-r1 and devFS support.
6
7 I emerged the pcmcia-cs ebuild and it cannot see the flash card as a
8 disk drive. On the same laptop using Debian, as soon as i insert the
9 card, i can fdisk /dev/hde and it works, i can write data in and out.
10
11 Under Gentoo however, i cannot. It keeps saying : Unable to open
12 /dev/hde. Block devices are here though ...
13
14 Under /etc/modules.autoload, i have this :
15 pcmcia_core
16 yenta_socket
17 ds
18 ide-cs
19
20 dmesg seems to return proper messages :
21
22 Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
24 PCI: Assigned IRQ 9 for device 02:05.0
25 PCI: Assigned IRQ 9 for device 02:05.1
26 Yenta IRQ list 0cb8, PCI irq9
27 Socket status: 30000006
28 Yenta IRQ list 0cb8, PCI irq9
29 Socket status: 30000810
30
31 Now, starting the pcmcia service returns :
32 * Starting pcmcia...
33 cardmgr[5224]: watching 2 sockets
34 cardmgr[5224]: Card Services release does not
35 match
36
37 And furthermore, cannot stop it anymore resulting in [!!].
38
39 The pcmcia-cs seems to be the issue, the version is :
40 pcmcia-cs-3.1.33-r3
41
42 What could i do to fix this ?
43 Steph
47 "Linux philosophy: Do it Yourself" L. Torvalds
48 Stephane Dudzinski Systems Administrator
49 a n t e f a c t o t: +353 1 8586009
50 www.antefacto.com f: +353 1 8586014