From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] council manifesto for ferringb
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 05:31:57
1 On 6/24/10 3:42 AM, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > Simplest example, I want the git migration plan finished- since robin
3 > was overloaded and no one was doing it, I chipped in the work I could
4 > do (optimization of the conversion so it wasn't a full day outage).
5
6 I respect your work on this, and really hope the git migration will go
7 just great. However, I'm wondering why we're delaying the migration to
8 minimize the outage instead of doing the migration earlier?
9
10 I'd rather have git soon with longer, but acceptable outage, than in the
11 future, with a very small outage. On the other hand, I'm not familiar
12 with the technical side and possibly other reasons that may prevent us
13 from "closing the tree" for a long period of time.
14
15 Paweł