From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: removing "server" profile variants from profiles.desc
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:29:19
1 On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > sounds like we should extend the profiles.desc file or profile structure to
3 > include a description so that people know the intention of each one. the only
4 > marker we had before was implicitly in the name (".../server" and
5 > ".../desktop").
6
7 ++
8
9 This seems like a common problem I run into with software at work.
10 Everybody knows what the purpose of the application is, the problem is
11 that no two people agree on it.
12
13 Defining the reason something exists usually makes everything else
14 fairly obvious.
15
16 Rich