From: "Olivier CrĂȘte" <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GPL violations with net-misc/vpnc?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:06:30
1 On Fri, 2007-31-08 at 16:31 +0200, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>:
3 >
4 > > > While we are not distributing binaries, I could easily add a
5 > > > USE flag to enable it; the user compiles it himself, so it is all
6 > > > fine. But now regard the existence of binary hosts, are they
7 > > > distributions of then illegal binaries?
8 > > isn't bindist useflag made for this purpose ?
9 >
10 > Great. Thanks...so what is common practice? Should the ebuild die,
11 > telling people a feature will not be included or just exclude it with
12 > an ewarn only?
13
14 With bindist, you should just disable any non-distributable feature and
15 print a ewarn.. Dieing is not nice since its used to build the stages,
16 etc.
19 Olivier CrĂȘte
20 tester@g.o
21 Gentoo Developer