From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Please migrate to git-2.eclass
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:21:39
1 On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 06/25/2011 12:35 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> git-2.eclass is in the tree for a while now, and there's still awful
7 >> lot of packages using old&  deprecated git.eclass.
8 >
9 > I think I remember seeing deprecation warnings in the past when an ebuild
10 > was using a deprecated eclass (right at the beginning when the emerge
11 > starts.)  Perhaps it would be a good idea to add one of those in git.eclass.
14 That's a horribly bad idea. Users should never need to see such
15 things. The example you're thinking of is python.eclass, and that
16 resulted in confused users filing bug reports.
17
18 There's currently a repoman warning for git.eclass usage, and that suffices.
21 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
22
23 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team