From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: patrick@g.o, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>, Pavel Sanda <sanda@×××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-office/lyx: lyx-2.0.5.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 14:22:30
1 On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Moreover, the maintainers may have a few changes stashed for the next
3 > bump to avoid people rebuilding the package unnecessarily.
4
5 ++
6
7 I know I sometimes keep bugs open for precisely this opportunity.
8 Sometimes I even have updated ebuilds/patches staged and just waiting
9 for the next bump. If I know a bump is coming soon I'm not going to
10 rev the ebuild.
11
12 It is one thing if you ping the maintainer and nobody hears from them
13 for a week. It is another to do a revbump without any notice at all.
14
15 If a package is sluggish and you want to help it along, then add
16 yourself as a maintainer, ideally after a brief chat with the current
17 maintainer(s). That fixes the problem for the long-term.
18
19 Rich