From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:11:58
1 On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 08:49:16 +0100
2 Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > So I think it's time for a short eapi bump with some distinct
4 > improvements:
5
6 Some more small candidates to discuss:
7
8 * How would people feel about killing off automagic RDEPEND=DEPEND
9 behaviour?
10
11 * Officially kill off AA. It's not useful.
12
13 * Kill off KV. This should be eclass territory.
14
15 * Ban dohtml, which is weird, and add '-u dir' to dodoc, so you
16 can use dodoc -r -u html blah instead.
17
18 * We currently have .xz / .tar.xz support for unpack down for EAPI 3.
19 Am I right in thinking there's nothing stable that can handle .xz
20 files?
23 Ciaran McCreesh