From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Remove USE="v4l2" and rename the consumers to plain USE="v4l"?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 00:49:56
1 First of all, it's disappointing how little the packages in the
2 linux-headers-2.6.38 tracker[1] intrest people.
3
4 [1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/359595
5
6 Planning on masking some of the low hanging fruits from the tracker.
7
8 And after the bugs are mostly (or all) dealt with, I suggest we remove
9 USE="v4l2" and make USE="v4l" mean:
10
11 "Enable support for video4linux (with or without userspace library libv4l)"
12
13 And rename the pkgs using USE="v4l2" to USE="v4l". Since there will be
14 only video4linux version 2, using libv4l or without (or possibly using
15 libv4l compability layer for libv4l1). But no more straight up version
16 1 support since videodev.h is gone since Linux 2.6.38
17
18 ?