From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Python problem
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:07:52
1 On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 22:46, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
2 >> Sure, but if that means the developers now have to bump every package
3 >> in the tree when a new version of Python comes out, I'm not sure
4 >> that's the best trade-off.
5 >
6 > And why can't this be handled by the eclass? If the ebuild is able to
7 > specify it supports >=3.0 meaning it's expected that future versions
8 > work then the eclass can make the new values available through IUSE when
9 > new python versions are out and ebuilds don't require any changes.
10
11 I'd be happy to get that to work, it seems like a good solution.
12
13 Cheers,
14
15 Dirkjan