From: Jano Lukac <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] install
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:50:01
1 It's beacuse notail is not an option for xfs. I use these two flags
2 instead of defaults:
3 noatime,osyncisdsync
4 Be sure to read the mount (8) man page for a description of what they do for
5 the xfs fs, before using them yourself.
6
7 jano
10 Sean Mitchell said:
11 > Sorry... should have been more specific/accurate - I meant change
12 > "noatime,notail" to "defaults"
13 >
14 > Here is my /etc/fstab :
15 >
16 > # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
17 > #
18 > # noatime turns of atimes for increased performance (atimes normally
19 > aren't # needed; notail increases performance of ReiserFS (at the
20 > expense of storage
21 > # efficiency). It's safe to drop the noatime options if you want and
22 > to # switch between notail and tail freely.
23 >
25 > <opts><dump/pass>
26 >
27 > # NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to
28 > opts. /dev/hda1 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1
29 > 1 /dev/hda3 / xfs defaults 0 0
30 > /dev/hda2 none swap sw 0 0
31 > /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro 0 0
32 > proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
36 > Hope this helps!
37 >
38 > Sean
39 >
40 > -----Original Message-----
41 > From: Network Administrator [mailto:netadmin@×××××××××××.com]
42 > Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 2:27 PM
43 > To: gentoo-dev@g.o
44 > Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] install
47 > and how do I do that
49 > gentoo-dev mailing list