From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo News file about GNOME 3.2's unmasking
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:56:34
1 On 11/26/2011 11:25 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 >> GLEP 42 refers to GLEP 22, which says nothing of ~arch specifiers. The
4 >> current portage code literally compares the news item's keyword to the
5 >> current profile's ARCH variable, so ~arch specifiers will not match. The
6 >> code is in the DisplayKeywordRestriction class:
7 >>
8 >> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=blob;f=pym/portage/news.py#l326
11 > Thanks for the information, I've committed the newsfile as is:
12 > http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-news/2011/2011-11-27-gnome3-unmask/
13 >
14 > PS: what do we have to do to get Display-If-Visible implemented? I
15 > volunteer to do whatever I can. :)
16
17 We can bump the version of the News-Item-Format and add any new features
18 that we want. People have requested support for USE dependencies in the
19 past, so we may want to add that at the same time.
20 --
21 Thanks,
22 Zac