From: "Björn Lindström" <bkhl@×××××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: new local USE var: vim-with-x
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 01:20:55
1 Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o> [20030429 02:14]:
2 > I left the default to refrain from linking against X because I figure
3 > most users aren't hardcore vimmers and aren't going to care. In that
4 > case, linking against the X libs is likely to cause them trouble
5 > rather than ease it. But for those users that want the support, it's
6 > there.
7
8 This is really ugly. The expected behaviour would doubtlessly be that
9 USE=X means that vim will have X support.
10
11 Wouldn't using X combined with a suitable ewarning be better?
12
13 ...or perhaps ignoring USE=X and use USE=gtk(2?) and possibly USE=kde
14 instead?
17 Björn Lindström <bkhl@×××××××××××××.se>
18 Home page: http://hem.fyristorg.com/bkhl/
19 Blog: http://bkhl.livejournal.com/