From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Should "orphan" package without any "stable" version be stabilized?
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:54:18
El jue, 24-06-2010 a las 17:44 +0200, Christian Faulhammer escribió:
> Hi, > > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>: > > app-office/ledger doesn't have any maintainer and has no stable > > version, also, seems that no other app requires this to be > > stabilized. I would prefer to keep this in testing until a maintainer > > really maintains it downstream, but I am not sure if there is already > > some policy on this :-/ > > Generally it should not be stabilised. But based on common sense > (simple program, no dependencies), you could do it. > > V-Li >
OK, I was doubtful because when a package lacks maintainer, maybe it's not fully tested and some bugs could be opened and, then, rarely fixed (as they would be assigned to maintainer-needed). On the other hand, I would hope that preserving those packages in "testing", their users wouldn't expect it to be as "stable" and "properly maintained" as a package marked "stable".