From: Bill Anderson <bill@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:07:10
Bill Anderson wrote:
...yes responding to my own post ...

> [...]
Actually, upon sonideration, you could set up gcc as a cross-compiler to build the packages for an alpha/sparc/etc. The those of us with acess to them can try them out. My alpha is a bit short on RAM, and as such takes along time to build things :(. I may try to set up gcc as a cross-compiler at work (mmmm 6-way XEON 700 ...) sometime next month, as I want to build my alpha system from the ground up (it is currently in an odd state ...). Just random thoughts ... Bill