From: Bill Anderson <bill@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:07:10
1 Bill Anderson wrote:
2 ...yes responding to my own post ...
7 >> Please send me you ppc, alpha, i64, mips, sparc machines and I will do
8 >> the ports. :-)
12 > How about SSH access to an Alpha? Good enough? ;^)=
15 Actually, upon sonideration, you could set up gcc as a cross-compiler to
16 build the packages for an alpha/sparc/etc. The those of us with acess to
17 them can try them out. My alpha is a bit short on RAM, and as such takes
18 along time to build things :(.
19
20 I may try to set up gcc as a cross-compiler at work (mmmm 6-way XEON 700
21 ...) sometime next month, as I want to build my alpha system from the
22 ground up (it is currently in an odd state ...).
23
24 Just random thoughts ...
25 Bill