From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] seeds, GLEPs, and projects
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:52:04
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Huge amounts of time, effort and users. How much arch team time was
3 > spent fixing genkernel? How much time was spent fixing the OS X mess?
4 > How many users did we lose as a result of all the QA screwups?
5
6 Eh, I wanted answers, not more questions :P
7
8 > As much as I hate relying upon slashdot for anything reasonable at all,
9 > an awful lot of people in that thread were suggesting that more time be
10 > spent on QA and fixing existing bugs and much less on fancy new
11 > things...
12
13 These users are ignoring the fact that time is not the only and most
14 important factor. Motivation is far more important IMO, and it's pretty
15 hard to get the motivation together to test 60 packages instead of
16 tinkering around with a new idea. At least for me it often is.
19 Kind Regards,
20
21 Simon Stelling
22 Gentoo/AMD64 developer