From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting rid of live-gimp-ebuild?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:16:13
1 Hanno Böck wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I took over gimp-maintainership a while ago. There's a cvs/9999-ebuild in the
5 > tree, but I'm not really interested in that and have never touched it.
6 >
7 > I'd prefer to just maintain official releases, so if nobody else steps in and
8 > maintains the live-ebuild, I'll just remove it. I think it's not that
9 > important, because the gimp-devs do releases quite regularly if they add
10 > major features.
11
12 It was in place mostly out of the fact unstable gimp is better tracked
13 by checking out than using release snapshots and the fixing the 9999
14 ebuild now and then takes less time than bumping the .3.x ebuild.
15
16 lu - that uses that ebuild
20 Luca Barbato
21