From: sanchan <sanchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Some sync control
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:01:41
1 Markus Ullmann wrote:
2 > This was one of the big reasons. They (and we maybe as well) have people
3 > there with 56k/64k dialup connections. Checking out the whole thing
4 > would take ages.
5
6 I can confirm we have people with 56k dial up :-) Checking out portage every day
7 for a developer on 56k takes already a lot of time using cvs. If I had to check
8 out the whole history every day I'd never become a gentoo developer.
9
10 > And the last thing was the idea about distribution. There is one
11 > "centrally" maintained tree and people commit to it all day. So the
12 > chance of getting conflicts in pushes if one is on tour for three days
13 > would be very likely and so the distributed part of the VCs wouldn't be
14 > helpful.
15
16 I agree.
17 --