From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tree breakage
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:16:23
On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 14:16, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 01 April 2004 04:05 am, Spider wrote: > > I'm growing a bit tired of all you folks you consiously brak the tree > > and introduce update-blockers by not re-generating Manifest files when > > you commit. > > i'm probably the biggest person who does this ... and the reason i mentioned > before is that manifests mean nothing ... > the 'security' they were designed to offer is non existent and as such, i > never felt they were worth regenerating > > if we had, say signed manifests, i would most def make sure to use all the > proper tools to make sure the packages were signed properly ... > -mike > > -- > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
The problem is that FEATURES="strict" exists and is documented, so things will cause breakage, I believe, if the Manifests contain false information. I wonder if the infrastructure team are able to arrange it so that commits without repoman simply won't be allowed.. -- Seemant Kulleen Developer and Project Co-ordinator, Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E